Ms. Dee Kalman's Multimedia Blog
The last quiz of the school year will be on Tuesday, June 10th. The topics on the quiz will include:
· Solving & checking single-step equations
· Word Problems: Writing, solving & checking single-step equations
Example: Mark saved $18 per week to save for a new toy. After a few weeks, he has a total of $126 in his bank account. How many weeks has he been saving his money?
Answer: Let x = # of weeks, Equation: 18x=126; x= 7 weeks
· Writing Single-step expressions based on words
Example: Nine less than a number
· Solving single step equations with fractional coefficients
Answer: x = -20
· Solving single step equations with squares & square roots
Answer: x = 64
Answer: x = 13
· Solving & checking two-step equations
Answer: x = 18
· Word Problems: Writing, solving & checking two-step equations
Example: Sally’s dog weighed 15 lbs when she adopted him. He is gaining 2 lbs per week. How many weeks will it take for Sally’s dog to weigh 27 lbs?
Answer: Let x = # of weeks, Equation: 15+2x=27; x= 6 weeks
|Posted by Ms. Dee Kalman at 8:21 AM | 0 comments|
Is your New Years Resolution to do well in math in 2013?
Try these review games over break!
Ordering Integers: http://themathgames.com/our-games/arithmetic-games/order-positive-negative-integers/
Ordering Absolute Value: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/mathgames/Numberballs_absolute_value/numberballsAS2_abs.htm
Multiplying or Dividing Positive & Negative Integers:
Multiplying Positive & Negative Integers:
|Posted by Ms. Dee Kalman at 8:46 AM | 0 comments|
Blogging enables a teacher to post topics that students discuss after class.
A Tip for Students
Gain merit points by participating in the discussion forum after you have read the blog post.